Phlexglobal are recruiting for a Lead DevOps Engineer. This role is responsible for managing the DevOps team & maintaining, implementing and supporting Phlexglobal’s infrastructure both in the cloud and on-premise. This includes being involved in new projects supporting the internal and external clients.
Key Activities Include:
What are we looking for?
- Ensuring monitoring alerts are responded to
- Automating tasks where possible
- Treating Infrastructure as code
- Supporting internal Development teams in a DevOps culture
- Traveling to other sites (Offices and Data centres)
- Dealing with support tickets
- Support out of hours work
- To manage all people processes for the DevOps Engineers including recruitment, performance management, reward and recognition, employee development and dealing with any performance issues in a timely and sensitive manner
We are looking for someone with a strong mix of technical and soft skills to drive technical brilliance and strong collaboration across multiple teams. Not all skills are required!
- You are passionate about the world of cloud engineering and programming.
- You love learning new skills and are always pushing yourself to learn more.
- You can deal with high-pressure situations, step back and get the full picture before jumping in.
- Complex polymorphic problem solving is your bread and butter. You love the solution and want more!
- You grasp new concepts quickly and to a high standard.
- You thrive in a strong teamwork environment and put the team first in all of your actions.
What are we offering?
- Virtualisation Experience (Hyper-V, VMWare, Xen)
- Window Server Administration
- Linux Server Administration
- Networking (Firewall, Routing and Switching)
- Cloud (Azure)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Azure Resource Templates)
- Configuration Management (Salt, Chef, Ansible)
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Powershell, Bash or Python
- Monitoring (New Relic, Sumologic)
- High autonomy. You are the engineer and craftsman we are here to enable you to make your masterpiece your way.
- Space to learn. 10% of your time is reserved training days. Access to online training tools including Linux Academy and Pluralsight.
- Career progression and mentorship. We want you to be the best version of yourself. Clear goals and development plan to get you where you want with space and tools to achieve those goals. You will be stretched daily which creates real rock star engineers.
- Phlex company benefits: Private health care, life assurance.